little more of me into my blog posts. I get so excited to share my ideas,
resources, and freebies with you that I don’t get to share very much about
ME, the fabulous teacher/wife/dog mom behind them. Just kidding about the
fabulous part, but I do promise to share more about what’s going on in our classroom too. =)
So Krista (who I love by the way!) over at Stellar
Students just tagged me in a blogger interview and I’m using it as a
chance to share a little bit about me.
* Post these rules.
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you.
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you’re about to tag.
|You can’t have a bad day with these three around.
Here are Krista’s 10 questions:
1. What is your favorite way to relax after a rough day in the classroom? For me, it all starts in the car on my half hour commute home. I turn the radio up, open the moon roof and windows if it’s a nice day, and rock out all the way home. When I get home I have three adorable dogs ready to play. If those two things haven’t cured it, a glass of wine and some venting to my husband usually does the trick.
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why? I always go back and forth between reading and writing workshop. I love, love, love the projects my students create in writing workshop. I honestly feel like it’s a subject where everyone can shine and be unique. Reading workshop is really fun too as my third graders begin to define themselves as readers. I can’t possibly pick one over the other!
3. How/Why did you get into blogging? I’ve had a couple other blogs. I blogged about being a new teacher anonymously my first couple years and all of the adventures that brings, but I really wanted to have a place to share my resources and network. I didn’t feel like I could do justice to that anonymously, so Ms. Fultz’s Corner was born in January of this year. I’m so glad I did because I’ve made some great connections and found a lot of wonderful ideas along the way.
4. If you could visit anywhere, where would you go and why? I have a feeling this isn’t going to sound nearly big enough, but I really want to go to Niagara Falls. I remember seeing it in a postcard when I was little and have wanted to go every since. I don’t have a passport though… hmm…
5. What is the one thing you could not do without in your classroom? I adore school supplies and Elmo is our dear friend, but I couldn’t do without our library. The pillows are inviting and the books are so much easier to browse than in our school library. We’d be lost without it.
6. Who or What inspired you to become a teacher? Mrs. Martin, MY third grade teacher, made me want to be a third grade teacher too. We did the best things in her room (like go on a playground safari) and she loved us so very much. You never forget teachers like that. I wanted to be her when I grew up. I’d like to think she’d be proud of our classroom.
7. What is one of your funniest teacher moments? Oh no! I have a couple. Our class hamster escaped once. One of my sweet boys checked on her each morning and was frantic that she was missing because she didn’t come out to see him. I tried to convince him she was just napping, but opened her cage to find that she really was gone. They made announcements for her and everything. Our night janitor ended up catching her. We wrote stories from her point of view about her day of Ultimate Freedom. The other one that stands out happened my first year teaching. A student tied his shoelaces together at lunch because he “wanted to see what would happen.” I caught him hop-scotching down the sidewalk on the way to recess. By then the knots were so tight I couldn’t get them undone and had to take him to the office for help. They had to cut the laces!
8. What book are you reading right now or who is your favorite author? I just finished the Millennium Series at home. My favorite author is probably Bill Wallace. A Dog Called Kitty gets us every year.
9. What is your favorite group/artist to listen to currently? I’m all over the place with music. I’m currently into Dave Matthews Band.
10. What are 3 of your favorite places to shop? My husband says I should wear blinders in the mall because they are ALL my favorite, haha. Kohl’s, New York and Company, and JCP get most of my money though.
My questions for you:
2. If you weren’t teaching, what would you be doing instead?
3. What are you most looking forward to during summer break?
4. Can you think of your favorite teaching moment?
5. If money wasn’t a factor, what one item would you buy for your classroom?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What is your favorite non-school related thing to do?
8. What advice would you give to a new teacher in your building?
9. Do you prefer real books or e-readers like Kindles?
10. You know it’s been a good day when…
Can’t wait to learn even more about you! Thanks for playing. =)