So the weather has been anything but winter-like recently and I’m having trouble getting in the shopping mood for Christmas. I still have yet to start shopping for most of the gifts I need. I’ve been a champion at shopping for myself through (hello husband, you are giving me a new digital camera this year, surprise!). I have a feeling I will be spending those few days of winter break before Christmas in the mall with all of the other procrastinators. I am so not one of those people…. except this year. Sigh. I haven’t been totally out of gift-mode though. I’ve been sewing up a storm! Look at this super cute bib I made for my nephew.
|Can you tell I’m trying to redeem myself for my lack of shopping?|
All this talk of presents and giving reminded me of all the giveaways that are happening. I don’t know about you, but I haven’t had nearly as much time to blog-stalk as usual, so I feel like I’m missing out on so much good stuff. Here’s a round-up of some of the giveaways that caught my eye in case you’ve missed them.
- There’s the HUGE Top Teacher giveaway of a Nook Color HD with a bunch of teaching resources as second, third, fourth, etc. place prizes. I’m super jealous that I’m helping to sponsor this giveaway so I can’t enter. I’m totally sending you lucky vibes though!
- This one ends tonight, so you’ll have to hurry. Melanie (of School Girl Style) is hosting a winter classroom decor giveaway on her Creative Teaching Press blog of classroom goodies to decorate your room for the season.
- Third Grade Tidbits is giving away one of those awesome pencil sharpeners that are super quiet and make super sharp pencils too. The PTO just gave all of the teachers in our building one this month and I’ve been pretty impressed so far!
- Another third grade blogger, My Life as a Third Grade Teacher, has a pretty big giveaway to celebrate her 700 (and counting!) followers. There are tons of seasonal teaching resources up for grabs, including my Multiplication Workshop for Common Core centers.
- Second grade teacher, Primary Punch, is working through her12 Days of Giveaways with day 9 today. You’ll want to hurry and enter today’s and then remember to go back for days 10-12 too!
- Herding Kats in Kindergarten is giving away a $50 Kohl’s gift card. You know you can use that this time of the year!
- Making It As A Middle School teacher is hosting 12 Days of Gift-mas for the upper elementary and middle school teachers. I know there aren’t a ton of resources for the older kids out there yet, so I had to pass that on. Today is Teaching FSL’s day!
- Rockin’ Teacher Materials is giving away a Hear All Recorder. Those little things look so cool!
- And because I never seem to win giveaways, here’s one we can all win! I just updated my Facebook Fan Freebie this morning, so be sure to grab it before it’s gone!