Well, almost. 🙂 Tuesday is our last student day. It‘s field day and student vs. teacher dodge ball so this year is pretty much over. After that, we have one teacher work day and then two days of interviews for a new third grade teacher. That means just four more days of getting up early with the alarm clock. Woo-hoo!!
I am so anxious for summer to get here. I feel a little brain drained and need to recharge my batteries. The beach can’t get here soon enough! At the same time, I’m already looking ahead to next year and working on updating my room. My poor husband thought he’d get off easy this summer because I gave my room a complete makeover when I moved last year… NOPE! I have plans to give it a mini update this summer. Here’s what I’m thinking…
- Bunting to decorate my huge back bulletin board
- Ceiling decor (lanterns, poms, fans??)
- Revamp our reading workshop board to go with our new reading notebooks (still in the works)
- Turn Fultzopoly into Fultz-O for homework rewards
- Update classroom labels and things with my new decor set
- Clean out the incredibly messy game closet
I’m sure the list will grow after I get into it. It’s a sickness, really. =) Do you have any big plans to update your classroom this summer? I love seeing other teachers’ room!
Finally, to beat the end of the year stress, I’ve been creating more papers. PhotoShop is my therapy. =) Here are my new favorites:
For those of you still in school, hang in there teacher friends!