I posted my dinner on Instagram tonight. It was kind of a hit. Pizza Casserole, nothing fancy even. But we are all so busy that a casserole can save the whole night. I hate to cook, but I love to eat. Sad situation, I know. 😉 Fortunately, my husband loves to cook. Except his schedule is crazy being a fourth year med student, so I eat cereal a lot. Not tonight, friends!
It got me thinking. We all have those go-to recipes– Quick and easy. No fuss. Family tested. Save your sanity on a school night. You know what I’m talking about. Will your share yours? I will!
- 1 bag of egg noodles (12 ounces)
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (you can use pizza sauce if you want)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds hamburger or spicy sausage
- 1 pack pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions
- Brown hamburger or sausage/drain
- Layer in casserole dish:
- thin layer of sauce
- half the noodles
- half the meat
- half the sauce
- rest of the noodles
- half the cheese
- rest of the meat
- rest of the sauce
- rest of the cheese
- Cover it up with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and finish baking for 15 additional minutes
- Remove from oven and let it set up about 15 minutes. Don’t stir or anything– it will firm up on its own.
- Make someone else do the dishes.
It’s as easy as:
1. Write a blog post with your recipe (it’s okay if you don’t have a picture of it finished)
2. Upload the pink linky button to your recipe post with a link back here to my blog.
3. Add your blog post URL to my widget.
4. Find lots of great new recipes.